10. Relationships take too much time and always end in disaster. Be an island, after all, who knows you better than you?
9. People get sick if they eat too much raw and organic food. Fertilizers and pesticides just make food more healthy and safe to eat. Preservatives aren't bad, their preserving, like natural embalming fluid.
8. Why slave over a hot stove cooking when the microwave is much faster?
7. Life is busy. Fast food is quick and nutritious anytime.
6. Water doesn't taste good. Everyone knows that coffee and soda have water in them anyway.
5. A few hours of sleep each night should be enough. The brain can run just fine with an extra cup of coffee.
4. A positive attitude takes a lot of energy and people always think that you want something. Just remember, do unto others before they do it to you first!
3. Take time to relax and enjoy the sofa. Getting sweaty and sticky from exercise is for jocks.
2. These days, everybody needs a crutch. Try drugs. Prescriptions are safe, doctors wouldn't let you have them if they caused any real harm. A smoke and a coffee sure get the day started right, and a soda is the friend that helps the afternoon just fly by. After a long and stressful day, calming down with a few beers just makes the family time better.
1. Self-made. That's me! No one knows about the next life, so live for this one. God just gets in the way with a bunch of old decaying rules.
It should go without saying that many have adopted these views as life philosophies. This very large group of individuals are then cared for by an already over burdened, and technically incapable health care system, which we all subsidize.
Perhaps a bit more personal health knowledge and responsibility is what is truly needed.
Shane Haingaertner D.Sc, CNC, CSCT, CFS Orthomolecular Medicine